About the NFF Horticulture Council
The Council develops policy positions on common issues of national importance to the horticulture industry such as trade, workforce, biosecurity, farm business, climate change and sustainability, markets and competition, R&D, telecommunications and infrastructure.
With a broad remit, the Council is focused these core priorities on behalf of the industry:
- Access to a secure, reliable and productive seasonal labour workforce.
- Industrial agreements that deliver fairness and productivity.
- Efficient, transparent and fair domestic wholesale and retail markets for horticultural products.
- Expanded export market access and trade in horticultural products.
- Freedom from pests and diseases that impact production, resulting from an efficient, effective, properly resourced, and equitable national biosecurity system.
The Council is a member of the NFF, free to establish and advance its own policy positions and responses issues impacting the horticulture industry.
Contact the Horticulture Council
For general or media enquiries please contact either Richard Shannon, Executive Officer to the Council or Jolyon Burnett, Council Chair.